I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yogurt Marinated Pork Chops

For some reason, Justin had been CRAVING yogurt marinated pork chops. Not sure where it came from, but he wanted them. So I found a quick recipe online and off I went to defrost some pork and start the marinating process. These really couldn't be easier. Marinate for 4 hours, stick in the oven. Done. We broiled some Brussels sprouts too, so the whole dinner took about 10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to cook. Fantastic, if you ask me!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
Directions:
  1. Rinse and clean the pork chops. Trim any attached fat.
  2. In a large bowl mix together the yogurt, ginger, garlic, salt and chili powder. Add the chops to the marinade and mix gently till all sides are evenly coated. Refrigerate the marinated chops for 2-4 hours, turning the pieces once in between.
  3. Preheat the oven to 350.
  4. Lift the chops from the marinade and place on the baking tray coated with tin foil. Bake 40 minutes or until done.

5 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love how yogurt really does a great job tenderizing meats!

Unknown said...

This is a great low carb recipe. I have a daughter who is on the ketomad (ketogenic modified atkins diet) and this is a PERFECT recipe for her! Thanks

Josh said...

How did you get the chops to take on that delicious looking brown color?

Neo said...

what is the Temperature of the oven is it 350 Degree Cel. or 359 Degree Forenhiet?

Pastry Princess said...

350 degrees Fahrenheit.