The best way I can brighten someone's day is by sending a giant box of homemade goods their way. I knew I wanted to include my signature chocolate chocolate chip cookies, and a care package isn't complete without brownies, but I wanted to try some new recipes for the other cookies. Headed to Allrecipes.com and found this quick and easy recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. I never really made those Peanut Butter Blossom cookies that everyone makes at Christmas, but I suppose these are a pretty similar style of cookie. Tender peanut butter cookie, stuffed with a dark chocolate Reese's peanut butter cup, and absolutely delicious. They only bake for 8 minutes, and take about as long to prep. I'd say the most time consuming part is unwrapping all those candies!
The only change I made, was to unwrap the candies first, and place them in the freezer while I prepped and baked the cookies. Besides that, I made the recipe exactly as stated, though I cut it in half, and I got exactly 20 cookies. FYI, a bag of peanut butter cups has approximately 40 pieces, so for the full recipe, you'll need 1 bag.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Unwrap peanut butter cups and place on a plate in the freezer until cookies are done (this helps keep them from falling apart otherwise).
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
- Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes (do not overbake. These really are done after 8 minutes). Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.