- 6oz all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5.3 oz canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 4.63 oz honey
- 4.63 oz granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5.75 oz carrots, shredded finely
- 1.3 oz walnuts, chopped
- Sift dry ingredients into medium sized bowl.
- Whisk eggs, honey and sugar with electric mixer until fluffy/foamy.
- Gradually drizzle in oil until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to whipped egg mixture and mix just until combined.
- Add carrots and walnuts, folding by hand until incorporated.
- Place 2 pounds of batter in a parchment lined 9" cake pan, and bake about 40 minutes at 365 degrees, or until skewer comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add butter and vanilla, and mix for 2 minutes, until well combined.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and beat until fluffy consistency.
- Use immediately or keep well covered in refrigerator.