- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon seeded, minced serrano chile pepper (I used Sriracha hot sauce instead)
- 1/8 teaspoon brown sugar ( I omitted this)
- dash of ground cumin (I used about 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus spears
- 2 Tablespoons julienne-sliced sweet red pepper (I used the whole pepper)
- 3 tablespoons green onion (I used 2 stalks of green onion)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ounced capellini, uncooked
- Asparagus spears for garnish
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Set aside; keep warm.
2. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales from stalks, if desired. Heat wok at medium-high, then add asparagus and red pepper; stir-fry 3 minutes or until tender. Add green onions; stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions. Place pasta in a serving bowl. Add peanut sauce and vegetable mixture; toss gently. Serve warm, garnished with additional asparagus spears, if desired. Yield 2 servings.