- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 jar salsa (I used medium spice)
- 1/2 red pepper (or any color pepper you'd like), thinly sliced
- a few very thin onion slices
- flour tortillas
- 1/2 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 T taco or Cajun seasoning
1. Place chicken and salsa in slow cooker for 4-6 hours until thoroughly cooked. Drain excess liquid from slow cooker. Using 2 forks, shred chicken.
2. Add taco/Cajun seasoning, thinly sliced peppers and onions to chicken mixture. Return slow cooker to heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly wilted. Mix in 1/2 can black beans, stirring well to combine all ingredients. I also added another few spoonfuls of salsa to make it a little more wet.
3. Serve in tortilla shells and top with Mexican blend cheese.
You could also add fresh/frozen corn, cilantro, lettuce, cabbage, pinto beans, etc to your tacos. Get creative and use whatever's left in the fridge!