- 3/4 chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (found in a small jar in the Asian foods aisle at the grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger (I used ginger powder and it was fine)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups broccoli
- 1 8-ounce can bamboo shoots, drained
1. Combine the broth, soy sauce, honey, chili-garlic sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Heat a nonstick wok or a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles. Swirl in the oil, then add the chicken. Stir-fry until no longer pink in the center, about 6-8 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the scallions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the broccoli florets and bamboo shoots; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the broth mixture and the chicken. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, about 1 minute.