I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Menu Planning: Aug 12th to Aug 16th

This week I am trying 3 new recipes, and cooking 2 classic favorites. Thursday is Jim Gaffigan at Humphrey's at 7:30pm, so we have to eat quick. I'm hoping meatballs on a stick will do the trick.

Sunday Aug 12th
  • Catfish cakes with tossed salad
Monday Aug 13th
  • Curried Chicken with mango, served over brown rice with a side of garlic naan
Tuesday Aug 14th
  • Sweet and Sour Pork over rice
Wednesday Aug 15th
  • Jerk Chicken and Pineapple Pasta
Thursday Aug 16th (Jim Gaffigan at 7:30pm! Wahoo!)
  • Meatball Kebabs served with a side of steamed Old Bay broccoli

No comments: