I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Easy Tomato Baked Chicken

Yet another Kraft recipe to finish out the week. This is reminiscent of Chicken Parmesan, but better. More flavorful and much easier to prepare. I served it with a side of tri-color rotini.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette (I ran out of dressing so I used olive oil, balsamic vinegar and oregano as a substitute)
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used about 1/2 cup Asiago)
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place onions in bottom of 8x8 square baking dish; top with chicken.

2. Combine tomatoes, dressing and garlic powder; pour over chicken. Cover with cheese.

3. Bake 30 min or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees).


No comments: