I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Saucy Parmesan Chicken

This chicken is SO quick and easy to make. It's another Kraft recipe. We paired the chicken with some Vietnamese noodles, topped with garlic butter, oregano and crushed red pepper. Delicious!

Ingredients
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts
  • 1/4 Italian dressing (I only had Balsamic vinaigrette and it worked out wonderfully)
  • 1/4 Grated Parmesan cheese (I used Asiago)
Directions

1. Place all ingredients in large resealable plastic bag or container. Turn bag/container several times to evenly coat chicken with dressing and cheese. Lay flat so chicken does not overlap.

2. Refrigerate chicken 30 min to marinate. Preheat oven to 425. Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag and excess marinade (I poured it over the chicken before baking, to add extra juices). Arrange chicken on foil-covered baking sheet. Bake 20 min or until cooked through.


No comments: