I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Pan Seared Pork Loin & Couscous

I wasn't brought up eating any pork products for the most part, so cooking pork loin is a whole new thing for me. I seasoned this one with olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Then pan seared it and finished in the oven. I have to say, it was pretty darn tasty! And easy to make too.

Ingredients
  • 1 lb pork tenderloin
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp crushed rosemary
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground pepper
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rub pork tenderloin on all sides with olive oil. Mix remaining spices together in small bowl, and gently massage into pork.


2. Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat with olive oil. Sear pork on each side for 1 minute, just until brown.


3. Move skillet from stovetop to oven and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through. I cook pork to 150 degrees which leaves it slightly pink on the inside and very juicy.

I served it with a side of garlic couscous and a few pomegranate seeds for a slight tartness. The pomegranate actually complements the pork very nicely, even though it sounds a bit odd!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmm...looks like a great fall dinner!