The only change I made was to add some chicken to it. And I didn't have green onions, so I omitted them (though I think they'd make the dish that much more delicious). The end result was a sweet and salty fried rice, and a sort of glazed chicken addition (my chicken addition is below the recipe).
- 2 cups cold prepared rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2-3 stalks green onion, sliced
- 1 small can pineapple tibits, drained
- 1-2 tablespoons lite sodium soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a wok or skillet, heat oil.When hot, add diced white onion, garlic, pineapple and half of the sliced green onion.Toss and heat until white onions are softened.
- Add cold rice, crumbling it with your hands.
- Fold rice into the onion/pineapple mixture.
- Allow rice to heat & crisp up.
- Add remaining green onion and toss.
- Drizzle in the soy sauce for additional flavor and color.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Fold or toss rice to fully combine.
- Serve when heated through.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 T brown sugar
- 2T honey
- 2T sesame oil
- Cut chicken into chunks. Mix soy sauce, sugar, honey and oil in a small container. Toss chicken in mixture and marinate about 2-4 hours.
- In a wok, heat 1-2 tablespoons oil. Stir-fry chicken until caramel colored and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside. Continue with fried rice recipe above, in same wok, and add chicken in at the end, just to heat through.