I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Garlic Gnocchi & Spinach

This is originally a Cooking Light recipe that I altered just a bit. It's quick, easy, and full of flavor. Pair it with a nice salad to round out the meal. I used store-bought gnocchi, packaged spinach, and pre-shredded Parmesan. Could it be any easier?!

Ingredients
  • 16 oz pre-packaged gnocchi
  • 1 Tablespoon butter
  • 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 6 ounces fresh spinach
  • Parmesan cheese
  • salt & pepper to taste
Directions
  1. Heat non-stick skillet on medium-high. Add butter. Fry gnocchi for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until light golden brown.
  2. Add garlic to pan and heat for 1 minute. Add half of the spinach to the pan and stir. When spinach begins to wilt, add remaining spinach. Cook additional 3-4 minutes until spinach is completely wilted. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and stir in Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Oh I love gnocchi! I am definitely going to habe to try this one.