The overall dish was a bit sweet for me, and lacked some spice. I ended up adding crushed red pepper and Sriracha for some heat, which improved the dish. It was good, but not great. And I honestly don't know what makes it Korean at all...? Next time I think I'll cut down the sugar, add some ginger, and some heat.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Cut 2 chicken breasts into bite sized chunks and coat with marinade. Stir-fry chicken with 1 white onion, thinly sliced, until onions are tender and chicken is fully cooked. Remove from heat, stir in chopped green onions and serve over rice.