I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa

This recipe is originally from Allrecipes. It took about 10 minutes to prepare and about 30 minutes to cook, so it's perfect for a weeknight when you don't have a lot of time. The pork is tender and juicy and just a tad bit sweet, while the salsa is sweet and spicy. I used hot sauce instead of jalapeno peppers, because I didn't have any peppers, and it turned out perfectly. We had a side of couscous with it and the salsa complimented the couscous as well.

Ingredients
  • 2 (1 pound) pork tenderloins
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
Salsa
  • 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
  • 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
  • 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (I used Sriracha hot sauce instead)
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro (I tripled this as we are big cilantro fans)
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions
  1. Place pork on a greased rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Combine the brown sugar, mustard and ginger; spread over pork. Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
  2. In a bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Serve with pork.

No comments: