I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings

Chicken wings are on sale! That's great, but I hate deep frying them because it's just such a pain to clean the oil afterwards and whatnot. You'd never know these were baked, instead of fried, they taste just as good as the "real deal." This was super easy to make and delicious. My best advice is to dry the wings with paper towels before dredging them in the flour mixture. This will help them come out nice and crispy instead of soggy. We dipped them in blue cheese dressing and served with steamed veggies. I don't have a picture because we were starving and devoured these in just a few minutes, before I realized I forgot to take a snapshot! Oh well.

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 20 chicken wings
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce, such as Frank's RedHot

Directions

  1. Line a baking sheet with foil, and lightly grease with cooking spray. Place the flour, cayenne, garlic powder and salt into a resealable plastic bag, shaking to mix. Add chicken wings, seal and toss until well coated. Place the wings onto the prepared baking sheet, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
  2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  3. Whisk together the melted butter and hot sauce in a small bowl. Dip the wings in the butter mixture and place back on the baking sheet. Bake until chicken is no longer pink in the center, and crispy on the outside, about 45 minutes. Turn the wings over halfway during cooking so they cook evenly.

No comments: