I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Curry Chicken & Naan

A very easy dish to make and a darn tasty one to eat. The mango and curry work really together to create a smoky sweet dish. We served it with frozen Garlic Naan from Trader Joe's. Really easy to make and delish! Yes, that's me, channeling my arch enemy, Rachel Ray. :)

Ingredients
  • 1 T oil
  • 2 T flour
  • 1 T curry powder (I used 2 T)
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 thin-sliced skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 fresh mango, cut in small chunks
  • 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
  • 2 T chopped cilantro

Directions

1. In large large skillet, heat oil. In bowl or plastic bag, mis flour, curry powder, cumin and salt. Add chicken and shake to coat.

2. Transfer chicken to skillet, shaking off any excess flour (reserve remaining flour); saute until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.

3. Stir the excess flour into the skillet, mixing with pan juices. Gradually add orange juice and broth, stirring constantly and scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet; stir in the chopped mango. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Stir in the sour cream or yogurt until blended; simmer 30 seconds. Spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with cilantro.

Serve with Naan or rice.

No comments: