I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Slow Cooked Root Beer Pork

Original recipe from Allrecipes.com. My husbands FAVORITE thing in the world is root beer, so when I saw this recipe online, I knew we had to try it. We served this with a light salad on the side and for a hot Summer night, it was perfect. And what's easier than throwing 2 ingredients into a slow cooker for 6 hours?! I don't think I can find a simpler, better tasting dish. By the way, this definitely doesn't taste like root beer. The soda just makes it tender and a tad bit sweet.

Ingredients
  • 1 pound pork tenderloin
  • 6 ounces root beer
  • 1/2 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
  • 2 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
Directions

Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Shred pork using 2 forks. Stir in BBQ sauce and serve on hamburger buns.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I love this recipe. I've made it about 4 times in the last few months! :)