Originally from Weight Watchers, Cook it Quick!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 pound boneless lean pork loin, cut into small chunks
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup drained, canned pineapple chunks (save the juice!)
1. Mix hoisin, brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger in medium sized plastic container. Add the pork. Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet or work. Add oil. Stir-fry bell pepper and scallions until softened. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
3. Add pork to skillet, reserving marinade. Stir-fry pork until browned, about 3 minutes. Add marinade, pineapple and pineapple juice (I use about 1/2 the juice in an 8 ounce can of pineapple).
4. Stir-fry until pork is cooked through, about 5 minutes longer. Return vegetables to skillet and heat to serving temperature, about 2 minutes. Serve over brown rice.