- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil (I used oregano)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt (I used garlic salt instead)
- 3/4 pound tilapia fillets
1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.
I served this with a side salad of butter lettuce and cheese, and some blanched broccoli. The broccoli is blanched for 3 minutes, drained, and drizzled with a mixture of melted butter, garlic powder and old bay seasoning.