I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Dutch Pancakes

These are everything but traditional looking, or tasting, pancakes. With only 4 ingredients, they're simple to make and because they bake in the oven, it's much less hassle than frying traditional pancakes, 3 at a time on the stove.

Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 Tbsp butter
Directions

1. In medium mixing bowl, place first 4 ingredients. Beat with an egg beater on medium for about 2 minutes until frothy and well mixed.

2. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 425. Prepare 2 glass 8x8 dishes, or pie dishes, with 1.5 T butter each. Place in oven while it's preheating, so butter gets a nice brown color.

3. Remove pans and pour 1/2 the mixture into each pan. Return to oven and bake at 425 for 15 minutes.

Top with powdered sugar and cinnamon for a fantastic breakfast treat!

1 comment:

Emily said...

These are absolutely delicious...one of my favorites!!!