- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 12 tsp salt
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 cups cooked rice
- 1 tsp hot sauce (such as Tabasco or Franks Red Hot)
- 1 15.8 oz can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine paprika, seasoning, sugar and 1/4 tsp salt; sprinkle over chicken on both sides. Add chicken to pan, cooking 2 minutes on each side. Wrap handle of pan with foil and place in oven. Bake at 350 for 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes. Stir in rice, 1/4 tsp salt, hot pepper sauce, and black-eyed peas; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Spoon about 3/4 cup rice mixture into bowl and top with sliced chicken breast. Sprinkle each serving with green onions.