4 WW points per serving Ingredients
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 (15.5 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Spray a large nonstick saucepan and set over medium-low heat. Add sausage and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a plate. When it's cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
2. Heat the oil over medium heat in the same saucepan, then add the onion, garlic and jalapenos. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in the beans and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the flavors are blended, about 8 minutes.
3. Transfer 2 cups of the bean mixture to a blender or food processor and puree. Stir the puree and the sausage into the soup. Simmer, uncovered, until the soup is heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the cilantro and serve.