- 1.5 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons roasted pine nuts
- 2 Tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (I used about 1.5 Tablespoons to get the consistency I like)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 oz fettuccine
- 3 Tablespoons shredded/grated Parmesan cheese
- ground pepper to taste
1. To prepare the pesto, puree the basil, pine nuts, broth, oil, garlic, and salt in a blender or food processor until a smooth paste is formed.
2. Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine according to package directions, drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Transfer fettuccine and reserved liquid to a serving bowl and keep warm. Add the pesto and Parmesan; toss to coat. Serve with cracked black pepper, if desired.