- 2/3 pound top round, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot chili paste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 cup fresh peas, trimmed
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in oil, then add beef. Cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and chili paste, stirring to evenly coat beef. Cook 1-2 minutes. Add coconut milk, brown sugar and fish sauce; cook about 1 minute until sugar dissolves.
2. Add vegetables; cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in fresh cilantro and serve over white rice or rice-stick noodles.