- 1/2 cup jarred salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (I used 1 bag of salad)
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and chopped
- a few slices of red onion
1. To make the vinaigrette, puree the salsa, onion, cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, mustard, and salt in a food processor or blender. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
2. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with Cajun seasoning. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, then the chicken and cook until brown, about 4-6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Then slice into 1/2 inch thick strips.
3. Place the salad greens and bell peppers in a large bowl. Top with chicken strips, tomato and avocado. Pour vinaigrette over everything and toss to combine.