The original Blueberry recipe is here, but I'll repost for convenience sake too.
- 1.75 cups flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1.25 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 T Splenda for Baking (or 3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup egg substitute (I whisked 2 eggs in a small bowl and measured out 1/3 cup. 2 eggs generally measures 1/2 cup, so there isn't much waste here)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk (we are lactose intolerant, so I made faux buttermilk by adding 1 tsp lemon juice to 1 cup Silk soy milk, and letting it curdle for 5 minutes)
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen -- no need to thaw if frozen)
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Blend dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Blend butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg slowly. Scrape sides and continue to mix until butter forms small lumps. Add vanilla and buttermilk. Mix well. Add dry ingredients in three batches. Mix well and scrape the sides of the bowl after each addition. DO NOT OVERMIX. When the dry ingredients are about 80% mixed into the butter/egg mixture, gently fold the blueberries into the batter. This will help prevent over mixing.
4. Scoop batter into muffin cups or mini bundt pans. Makes 12 muffins or 6 mini bundts.