- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the flour, add the slightly beaten egg, and mix. Mixture should form a stiff dough. If needed, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons water.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for about 3 to 4 minutes. With a pasta machine or by hand roll dough out to desired thinness. Use machine or knife to cut into strips of desired width. I kneaded the dough in a KA stand mixer. Had to add about 1/4 cup of water though, in order to bring the dough together.
Spicy Red Clam Sauce
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh linguine (or make your own, like we did!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (6.5-ounce) cans minced clams, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. (For our fresh pasta, we let it dry for about 5 hours, then boiled it for 4 minutes to al dente.)
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Stir in tomato paste and tomatoes; cook 4 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in clams; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in parsley, basil, and oregano. Serve with pasta.