- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2.5 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
1. Combine beef, veal, 1 tbsp of cilantro, 1.5 tsp of paprika, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper in a large bowl. Shape into 24 one-inch balls (I use a cookie scoop for this, so they're nice and even).
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet. Add oil, onion and garlic. Saute until softened, 3-5 minutes. Stir in tomato, tomato paste, water, 1 tbsp cilantro, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper; bring to a boil. Add meatballs, reduce hat and simmer covered, until meatballs are cooked and sauce thickens, about 30 min. Garnish with parsley before serving.
We served it with egg noodles, though couscous or a vegetable medley would also work nicely.
** photo coming soon **