- 9 ounces sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 3 cups 1/2 & 1/2
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups brownie bits
1. Over medium heat, bring the cream and 1/2 & 1/2 just barely to a simmer.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks until they're light and creamy. Slowly whisk in the sugar until light and THICK. You want the mixture to fall from the whisk slowly and sort of clump when it reaches the bowl. If it's runny, keep whisking. It takes a while to get it to the right consistency.
3. Slowly add 1/3 of the cream into the eggs while whisking constantly. Once that's mixed and the eggs are tempered, slowly add the remaining cream into the eggs and whisk to combine.
4. Return cream/egg mixture to the heat, and stir on medium low until it reaches 170 degrees. Move mixture to a metal bowl and cool in sink filled with cold water. Once mixture reaches room temperature, refrigerate to 40 degrees.
5. Add mixture to ice cream machine and follow manufacturer's directions. When ice cream is finished mixing, add in the brownie pieces and enjoy!