- olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped (sounds like a lot, but they wilt and it's perfect!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1.5 pounds plum tomatoes, chopped (about 5 tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in oil, and cook chicken thoroughly. Remove from skillet and transfer to a bowl. Add a bit more oil to the pan, then add the onion, lemon juice, curry powder, cumin seeds, and cayenne. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions soften, 4-5 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, sugar, ginger and garlic; cook until tomatoes soften, 4-5 minutes. Stir in the salt and serve over rice.