I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Old Bay Wings

This is quite possibly the easiest dish I've ever made! With only 2 ingredients and no fuss baking method, these are definitely a keeper. Juicy wings, spicy, and simple!

The original recipe came from a few girls on The Nest -- they all make it in a crock pot, but my crock pot isn't large enough, so I cooked them in the oven with a water bath and they came out perfectly. If you use a crock pot, place the wings in there on low for 5 hours. No need to add water or any liquid, just place the seasoned wings in the crock pot and turn it on!

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds chicken wings
  • 1 cup old bay seasoning
Directions

1. Place old bay in a large plastic bag. Add the wings, 2-3 at a time, and shake to coat.

2. Place in the crockpot, with no additional liquid, for about 8 hours on low.



2 comments:

Lindsey said...

They look GREAT!! I will have to try that sometime!

Ruth Strong said...

it's often the easiest dishes that taste the nicest though right?