When we baked it, the bottom of the chicken came out a bit wetter than I'd prefer. Next time, I think I'll bread the chicken in the cornflakes, then put on a cookie sheet over a baking pan and bake that way. This will eliminate the chicken sitting in juices and coming out soggy.
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie mayo
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce (I added much more, as we prefer spicier food)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cups cornflake crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a pyrex baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Whisk together the mayo, mustard, lemon zest, salt and pepper sauce in a large bowl. Add the chicken, toss to coat. (Use a paper towel to dry the chicken before dipping in the sauce, otherwise it will just slide right off.)
3. Place the cornflakes in a large plastic zip-top bag. Use a rolling pin to roll over the cornflakes until they are crumbly like bread crumbs. Add the chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
4. Place the chicken in the baking pan. Bake until golden brown and cooked through (do not turn) about 40 minutes.