I am a newlywed on a budget, just trying to make healthy and inexpensive meals for my husband and I to enjoy. He eats a lot, so cost is a big factor. Though I work 3 jobs, I manage to find time 6 nights a week to cook a full dinner for us both. I am constantly looking for new recipes that are moderately healthy, taste great, and won't break the bank.

On the side, I also own a brownie business called Gersheybars. My passion and love for cooking started when I was just a small child, baking with my mom and grandmother. The brownie recipe has been passed down through 5 generations and I am thrilled to finally have an outlet to share them with everybody else. Friends and family have helped spread the word and made my business as successful as it is today.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Orange Chicken & Lemon Oregano Potatoes

This was created on the fly, as we were voting tonight and that totally messed up my dinner schedule. The chicken was super easy, just threw a few ingredients into a bag, coated it, and baked it. And the potatoes were just as simple. I'm all about quick and easy this week, as the Valentine's Day holiday has me slammed with brownie orders and I just don't have the patience to cook dinner after all that baking!

Ingredients
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • zest of 1 orange
  • 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
  • salt & pepper
  • 3 Yukon gold potatoes
  • 1/2 onion, sliced thin
  • 1 Tablespoon oregano
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Directions

1. Place bread crumbs, zest, cheese, salt and pepper in a bag. Add the chicken breast and shake to coat. Place on a broiler pan lined with foil. Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes until cooked.

2. Slice potatoes into small wedges. Add oil to saute pan and cook on medium high for about 7 minutes, until brown. Add onions, oregano and lemon juice. And some salt/pepper. Turn heat down to medium-low and cover. Cook, stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender. Drizzle with a bit more lemon juice and oregano.

No comments: