- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small red/yellow/orange pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1. Heat the oil in a nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat, then add the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Saute until softened, 305 minutes. Add the rice and saute until coated with oil, about 1 minute. Add the broth, salt and pepper, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Fluff with a fork and stir in the cheese, dill and lemon zest; cover and let stand 5 minutes.