- 2 Cornish Game Hens
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- Lawry salt
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon jarred garlic (yes, I use cheater garlic!)
- 2 baking potatoes, cut in large chunks
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli
- Old Bay seasoning (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place defrosted hens on a broiling pan lined with foil. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle all sides liberally with garlic powder, Lawry salt and paprika. Cover loosely with tin foil and bake approximately 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine chicken stock, rosemary, 1 Tablespoon olive oil and garlic in separate bowl. Set aside. Baste hens with chicken stock mixture after 25 minutes. Recover with foil, and return to oven an additional 10 minutes. Baste again, remove foil, and bake until hens reach 165 degrees, approximately 15 minutes more.
3. While hens are cooking, heat large skillet over medium high heat. Combine Old Bay, garlic powder and paprika in large plastic bag. Coat potato slices with spice mixture. Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil to pan. Fry potatoes over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, approximately 4 minutes, until brown on all sides. Turn to medium low, cover, and cook an additional 4-6 minutes until potatoes are tender. Add onion to pan, cover, and cook 4-6 minutes until onions are caramelized. When hens are just about finished, turn heat off on the potato pan and add the broccoli. Cover, and turn off heat, leaving pan on the burner to continue cooking.
4. Slice hens in half and serve.