I served it with some garlic & basil polenta that I just fried in a bit of oil. We had a big lunch, so we weren't super hungry by the time dinner rolled around...
- 2 pounds beef back ribs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a large kettle and cover with water. Simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes (I recommend 90 minutes) or until tender. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain ribs; place in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover with sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes.